August 11, 2016
Starting tomorrow!…Weekend Under…
Rain or Shine!…Come out August 12-14 for a weekend under the Stars, under the Sun, and under the Tent! And be sure to bring your chair!
Friday, 7 pm, Concert by “A Side ofTaylors” under the tent. Featuring rich vocal harmonies, the Americana/folk/bluegrass band has a unique style which covers a wide range of music from the past fifty years and beyond, including songs by Johnny Cash, The Beatles, and Bob Dylan, in addition to southern gospel hymns. You won’t want to miss them under the tent!
Friday – come early for the concession stand and stay for a Movie under the stars when the sun goes down! We’ll be showing “Moms’ Night Out.” So bring your friends to the concert and the movie, and enjoy free popcorn and/or purchase hot and cold concessions!
Saturday 4 pm picnic: No tickets or food/game sign-ups needed this year. Just come and enjoy!
- 4:00pm Gather for a Picnic under the tent! Bring your lawn chairs, canopies and blankets.
- 4:30 pm Dinner and desserts.
- FOOD: Bring a well-filled picnic basket of casseroles, side dishes and desserts. Shredded chicken sandwiches, hot dogs and drinks provided.
- GAMES: Relay Races, Corn Hole, 3/Ball, Chicago Softball, Slip-N-Slide, Sprinklers under the sun! Bring your one-piece swim wear and towels.
- CAMP FIRE with S’mores under the stars!
Sunday, 10 am, One Service under the tent – outdoor worship together! Come at 9 am for coffee and donuts!
Before Sunday, August 21, be sure to read 2 Kings 21;23-25; 2 Chronicles 33; 36; Jeremiah 1-2; 4-5; 13; 21 Lamentations 1-3; 5; Ezekiel 1-2; 6-7; 36-37 and/or Chapter 17 of The Story. To see all reading assignments click here. To hear previous sermons in the series, click here.
- Etch (Launching September 7th) – It’s our new/old way of doing ministry… TOGETHER! Etch is inter-generational. It’s a time for all ages to interact with one common purpose: Discipleship. Together, we’ll share stories of how God interacts with us in our everyday lives and pass on his truths to all generations. Click here for more information and to watch the video! There will be a Q&A time for anyone following both services on August 21.
- Rockhouse Lunch – Sunday, August 14, in Room 101 following the 10 am service!
- Senior Adult Banquet – Saturday, August 20, 5:30 pm in the Gathering Area for those who have registered.
- Greenhouse Kids Worship – Begins Sunday, August 21, 10:45 am in the Children’s Ministry Hallway for ages 4 years through 5th grade.
- 2nd Saturday – will be on the 3rd Saturday, August 20, because of the picnic this weekend. This is a great opportunity to help others. For more information, contact Steve Simmons or Keith Reese , email@example.com
- Financial Peace University (FPU) – We all need a plan for our money. FPU teaches God’s ways of handling money. Through video teaching, class discussions and interactive small group activities, FPU presents biblical, practical steps to get rid of debt, manage your money, spend and save wisely and give generously. This class will follow the FPU Flex Format (video will be watched on your own each week, and you’ll come together for community and discussion). Mondays, Sept 26 through Nov 21, 6:30-7:30 pm in Room 101. Cost is $93 if you register online by Sept 14 at www.daveramsey.com/fpu/classes/1024127. Register by Sept 14 so we can order materials. Contact Matt and Shauna Deaton