September 23, 2016
Ladies Fall Bible Study by Beth Moore
Final words can be compelling. In Paul’s last letter, he charged Timothy his beloved son in the faith, to not be ashamed to fulfill God’s call on his life. In this 6-session Bible study, Beth will challenge you to do the same, God has a plan for you. He has entrusted you with the gospel message and has gifted you to carry it to the furthest reaches of this planet.
Tuesday evenings Oct 4-Nov 8, 6-7:30 pm in the Great Room (no meal provided), Wednesday mornings Oct 5-Nov 9, 9:30-11 am, Room 101, and Saturday mornings Oct 8- Nov 12, 8:30 – 10 am in the Conference Room. $20 due by Sunday, Sep 25 for workbook and study costs. For more info or to register, go to the Info Center Sunday.
Men’s Fall Bible Study by Tony Evans
Loving God is vertical love. Loving others is horizontal love. Jesus showed His disciple how these two loves are intertwined in practical ways. While our relationship with God is based on faith alone, He warns and encourages us to see that the way we treat people affects our experience of Him. In this six-session study, you’ll learn how to apply biblical principles drawn from several one-another passages in Scripture. In doing so, you’ll reap blessings in your vertical relationship with God.
Tuesday evenings Oct 4-Nov 8, 6:30-7:30 pm, in Room 101. $20 due by Sunday, Sep 25 for workbook and study costs. For more info or to register, go to the Info Center Sunday.
Before Sunday, October 2, be sure to read Matthew 1-2; Luke 1-2; John 1 and/or Chapter 22 of The Story. To see all reading assignments click here. To hear previous sermons in the series, click here.
- Meeting For Etch Meals – This Sunday, Sept 25, after the 10:45 am worship in Room 101 for anyone interested in helping in any way with the meals on Wednesday evenings for Etch.
- Birthright Fall Showcase – Oct 1, 9 am-5 pm, in our Great Room. Quality Crafts and Specialty Vendors sponsored by Birthright of Eaton to raise awareness and funds. Entry Fee is one small baby item. This is an opportunity to begin Christmas shopping and book parties. There will be door prizes and a lunch stand!
- Baby/Child Dedication – Sunday, October 2. If you would like to have a child dedicated, contact the office by Wednesday, Sept 28.
- Starting Point…where your journey begins – Sunday, Oct 2. A place for new attenders to learn more about ECOB. Stop by the seating area by the Fireplace immediately following either service to ask questions about the church and receive a welcome packet.
- Jr. and Sr. High Retreats – Jr. High Retreat is Oct 14-16 and the Sr. High Retreat is Oct 21-23. Cost if $55. To register click here.
- One Another Groups – Now is an excellent time to join a One Another small group, in an all-church 7-week study on the life of Jesus beginning Oct 2. Small groups meet weekly or bi-weekly through the year, many in homes. We are also offering a short term small group especially for this study that will meet at the church Sundays at 6:30 pm for those who are curious but not ready for a full year. Come to the One Another kiosk by the fireplace to sign up for either group, or for more info.
- Knights/Lady Knights High School and Jr. High Basketball – Monday, Oct 10, 7-8 pm, Room 101, information and sign-up meeting for boys and girls in grades 6-12 and their parents (to sign medical and permission forms). First practice is Monday, Oct 17. Contact Clif Martin, 937-456-5301. See the team website, ecobknights.com, for info and game schedules.
- Etch – Wednesday Evenings…It’s our new/old way of doing ministry… TOGETHER! Etch is inter-generational. It’s a time for all ages to interact with one common purpose: Discipleship. We’ll begin with dinner, promptly at 6 pm. Meal costs are by donation. Click here for more information and to watch the video!
- Once Around Shop – Volunteers are needed to help with the shop. They have a limited staff, and need your time and talents to provide assistance to families. To volunteer, contact Jenny McCarty, 937-456-6560, between 10 am and 4 pm Monday through Wednesday and on Friday.