Love Feast & Communion: Thursday, April, 13 at 6:30pm Join us for our annual love feast, communion and feet washing service, along the lines of Jesus’ last meal with his disciples. Childcare provided.
Good Friday Worship Gathering: Friday, April 14 at 6:30pm Reflective worship focused on the crucifixion.
Holy Saturday Vigil: Saturday, April 15 at 6:30pm Gathering for meditative Scripture and prayer.
Easter Worship Celebrations: Sunday, April 16 at 8:45 am & 10:45am The pinnacle of the Lenten season, when we celebrate Christ’s victory over sin and death!
Mission Team Headed to Poland
A half dozen musicians who regularly serve in the worship band at Eaton Church of the Brethren will head to Poland in late June to share the gospel in both musical form and through conversational interaction.
We will play roughly nine concerts in six days. The band, recently christened Harken (which means “to listen”), will play at outdoor festivals, clubs, a dignitary’s garden, a couple churches, at least one school (probably two), and, amazingly, a palace before the President of Poland and other notables. We’ll serve, as Paul says, those in “both the civilized world and the rest of the world … the educated and uneducated alike,” sharing with them the truth about sin and grace, death and rescue.
How You Can Get Involved
Here’s what’s needed and how you can, though you stay, serve those who are going:
- Pray for the people of Poland, for receptive minds to the Good News—that God would work even now to till the soil of their hearts, for he already knows who will be in each audience.
- Pray for the band of servant musicians, as we select and strenuously rehearse over the next couple months a few dozen songs that will promote the message of Christ.
- Follow us on LifeShare and Facebook leading up to and during the trip.
- Attend an initial concert on Friday, April 28, featuring songs Harken is working on, in addition to a time of worship and prayer. Additionally, attend a dress rehearsal (of sorts) concert sometime in mid-June before we head across the pond.
- Give financially for the team to meet its support goals:
- the first $7,800 by April 15,
- the additional $7,800 by May 30.
These are daunting amounts that caused us to briefly reconsider our participation this year, since we were late in getting onboard (early February!), but we are confident God is calling us to the field and are assured he’ll provide the means of getting us there and back.
How You Can Give
- Mail or place a check in an offering envelope, noting “Poland” on the “other” line.
- Give with debit/credit card on our website, selecting “Poland” in the TO field.
All donations are tax deductible.
6th Annual Woodbury Fishing Tournament & Meal: Saturday, May 6 @ Hueston Woods Marina
- No fishing license required
- Fish anytime; Tournament ends 4pm
- Meal served between 5 & 5:30pm
- Cost $10 (Children 12 & under free)
- Sign-up by April 30
- Contact: John Redick, 937-750-1800