A few weeks ago several members of ECOB attended an appreciation lunch hosted by the H.I.T. Foundation where we received an award for our contribution to this community. As Susan and I sat with many volunteers from this church, I was full of joy and appreciation for how so many have taken seriously our values of “Generous Living” and “Community Engagement”. Way to go church!
I’d like to give a special shout out of thanks to a few individuals from this congregation who have gone above and beyond to provide opportunities for all of us to serve in the community. They are:
- Ginger Roth – H.I.T. Project Coordinator
- Rudy Roth – One Another Group Leader
- Keith and Cherie Reece – 2nd Saturday Leaders
- Steve and Doris Simmons – 2nd Saturday Leaders
- Jerry Deaton – Mission and Outreach Team
- Donna Deaton – 2nd Saturday Team
- Bill Wilson – H.I.T. Foundation Volunteer Handyman
- April Wilson – ECOB Volunteer
We received the following letter from the H.I.T. Foundation:
“We could not think of any one person, church, or organization that has had a greater Impact on the HIT Foundation’s programs and the people we serve as the Eaton Church of the Brethren.
- The Christmas Project – giving over $2,000 in money, gas cards, and supplies for the Cold Shelter
- Delivering 108 hot meals (1080 individual dinners) over the last year to the Homeless Shelter
- Hosting Game Nights at the Homeless Shelter
- 2nd Saturday completing 7 Senior Home Repair (49 hours) projects and landscaping at the Homeless Shelter
- John 3:16 bags provided to homeless children by the One Another Groups
- A Volunteer familiar with the Social Security process regularly helps homeless clients through the application process.
- Completing 14 Senior Home Repair projects on Impact Day (144 hours)
- The countless individual donations to HIT: paper products, clothing, personal hygiene products, etc.
- The Church’s ability to move past the stained glass windows, showing Christ by serving others is a bright light in the lives of so many consumed by darkness.”
Thank you church for tangibly carrying out our mission to “Share Life and Share Christ” in beautiful ways.