Here are the resources I promised in my sermon this past Sunday.
- Prayer for Sexual Healing from Ransomed Heart Ministries. You’ll want to spend considerable time with this prayer, searching your heart and allowing God to cleanse you from sin.
- When Good Men Are Tempted by William Perkins. I just took my discipleship group through this book and it’s mostly good. The chapters are short, allowing for an easy read. There’s a chapter for wives, as well.
- Sex, Romance and the Glory of God by C. J. Mahaney (with a word for wives from Carolyn Mahaney).
- Internet pornography is, needless to say, pervasive in our culture — and Christians are not immune from its reach. Check out XXX Church for many valuable resources.
- The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Marriage with the Wisdom of God by Timothy Keller and Kathy Keller. This is actually a great book for singles as well, probably the best one on marriage. I’ve read it several times, and Cindy and I are currently studying it with our small group.
- Real Marriage: The Truth about Sex, Friendship and Life Together by Mark Driscoll (with contributions by Grace Driscoll).
- The Mingling of Souls: God’s Design for Love, Marriage, Sex, and Redemption by Matt Chandler. I haven’t read this one, but Chandler is a pretty good resource.
- Family Life has many helpful resources. You’ll want to check them out.
Here’s the sermon in case you missed it.