July 8, 2016
Before Sunday be sure to read 1 Kings 1-8; 10-11; 2 Chronicles 5-7; Proverbs 1-3; 6; 20-21 and/or Chapter 13 of The Story. To see all reading assignments click here. To hear previous sermons in the series, click here.
- Movie Night– Finding Nemo, Friday, July 8, 8pm pre-movie activities, 9:15pm movie with free popcorn. Concession stand available. Invite your family and friends and bring your own seating – a lawn chair or blanket. We will move inside if it rains. Click here.
- Church Office – will be closed Friday, July 8.
- Greenhouse Kids Worship – Sunday, July 10, 9am, Room 5, hear about our hopes and dreams for Kids Worship and how you can be involved! Open to all ages. Childcare available.
- RockHouse Lunch– This Sunday in Room 101 following the 10am service! More info – click here.
- One Service with Communion and Baptism – Sunday, July 10, 10am, we will celebrate communion and baptism in a combined church worship service. In breaking the bread and sharing the cup, just as Jesus did with his disciples, we remember the ultimate gift of love – Jesus’ sacrificial death. In baptism we symbolically identify with dying to self, as we are immersed and then raised to life in Jesus Christ as a new creation as we come out of the water. Let us join one another in this meaningful time of remembrance and celebration.
- Parking Lot Reminder – Because of the wet weather, the parking lot project has not progressed as planned. So, be aware that there will be parking changes, and remember we are all coming at the same time this Sunday. Attendants will be there to guide you.
- Church Picnic Weekend! – August 12-14 at Camden Road. Friday concert and movie, Saturday picnic and Sunday One Service under the tent!
- School Supply Drive – The Once Around Shop will accept the following donations through Tuesday, July 19, for students in need. Shop hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 10am to 2pm, or call 456-6560 for other arrangements. Items needed are: wide-rule loose leaf paper, crayons (24 pack), glue bottles, and large back packs. Thank you!