Come out August 12-14 for a weekend under the Stars, under the Sun, and under the Tent!
Friday, 7 pm, Concert by “A Side of
Taylors” under the tent. Featuring rich vocal harmonies, the Americana/folk/bluegrass band, A Side of Taylors, is fronted by lead singer and teen son Mason, who’s quite adept on the mandolin, and is backed by father Chris, who plays guitar and banjo, among other instruments, as well as the rest of the Taylor clan. With their unique style, they cover a wide range of music from the past fifty years and beyond, including songs by Johnny Cash, The Beatles, and Bob Dylan, in addition to southern gospel hymns. You won’t want to miss them under the tent.
Friday – come early for the concession stand and stay for a Movie under the stars when the sun goes down! Bring your friends to the concert and the movie, and enjoy free popcorn!
Saturday 4 pm picnic: No tickets or food/game sign-ups needed this year. Just come and enjoy!
- 4:00pm Gather for a Picnic under the tent! Bring your lawn chairs, canopies and blankets.
- 4:30 pm Dinner and desserts.
- FOOD: Bring a well-filled picnic basket of casseroles, side dishes and desserts. Shredded chicken sandwiches, hot dogs and drinks provided.
- GAMES: Relay Races, Corn Hole, 3/Ball, Chicago Softball, Slip-N-Slide, Sprinklers under the sun! Bring your one-piece swim wear and towels.
- CAMP FIRE with S’mores under the stars!
Sunday, 10 am, One Service under the tent – outdoor worship together! Come at 9 am for coffee and donuts!
Before Sunday be sure to read 1 Kings 17-19; Isaiah 3; 6; Hosea 4-5; 8-9; 14; Amos 1; 3-5; 9 and/or Chapter 15 of The Story. To see all reading assignments click here. To hear previous sermons in the series, click here.
- Conversation With The Elders – Sunday, July 31, 6 pm in the Gathering Area. Your Board of Elders invites you to join them for a conversation. These conversations allow Elders to update you on developments at ECOB and give you a chance to ask questions. Topics will include: Financial Update, Parking Lot, Storage Facility and Lexington Road Listing. Please plan to join us!
- Greenhouse Kids Worship Meeting – Sunday, August 7, 9 am, Room 5, hear about our hopes and dreams for Kids Worship and how you can be involved! Open to all ages. Childcare available.
- Child Protection Policy Training/Re-certification – Wednesday, August 3, 7 pm in the Conference Room and Sunday, August 7, 9 am in Room 3. You do not need to pre-register, but plan to attend one of these sessions if you have received a letter, or you are working with children, youth, security or medical teams and have not had the training. Contact Lois Simmons at 456-6068 (email@example.com) or Diana Oburn at 456-9512 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Rockhouse Jr/Sr High Cookout – August 10, 5-8 pm at the Denlingers’. Students, bring a 2-liter and a bag of chips per family.
- Just Friends – August 3, 11:30 am, at Buckeye Jake’s, 13 E. Dayton St., West Alexandria. Meet at 11 am to carpool from Kmart parking lot across from Bob Evans. “Just Friends” is our Widow and Widower’s group, but everyone is welcome!
- Ice Cream Social Fundraiser – Saturday, August 6, 4-7 pm at Happy Corner Church of the Brethren, 7037 Union Rd., Clayton, OH. Sponsored by Brethren Disaster Ministries. Come enjoy homemade ice cream and a full menu, and help fund the wonderful work of Brethren Disaster Ministries. Pies needed – contact Nancy Muncy, 937-478-1893. Share A Meal – Buy a ticket to go to a special meal. 100% of the cost of each ticket goes toward replacing BDM’s old van. See Dick and Pat Via in the Gathering Area Sunday. Also available at the Ice Cream Social.
- Senior Adult Banquet – Saturday, August 20, Catered meal at 5:30 pm in the Gathering Area. Entertainment by “Spittin’ Image” from Greenville, back by request. Come enjoy an evening of fun! If you are 70 or over, contact the office, 456-5507, with your reservations even if you did not receive an invitation. We would like to have all Senior Adults attend!
- BDM/CRM Golf Scramble – August 13, 8 am, at Beechwood Golf Course in Arcanum. Register by August 4. Information and registration form is available at the Info Center.