August 26, 2016
Financial Peace University
Financial Peace University (FPU) teaches God’s ways of handling money. This plan will show you how to get rid of debt, manage your money, spend and save wisely and give generously. This class will follow the FPU Flex Format. A video will be watched on your own each week, and you’ll come together for community and discussion. Mondays, Sept 26 through Nov 21, 6:30-7:30 pm in Room 101. Cost is $93 if you register online by Sept 14 at www.daveramsey.com/fpu/classes/1024127. Register by Sept 14 so we can order materials. Contact Matt and Shauna Deaton
Before Sunday, August 28, be sure to read Daniel 1-3; 6; Jeremiah 29-31 and/or Chapter 18 of The Story. To see all reading assignments click here. To hear previous sermons in the series, click here.
- Etch (Launching September 7th) – Etch…It’s our new/old way of doing ministry… TOGETHER! Etch is inter-generational. It’s a time for all ages to interact with one common purpose: Discipleship. Together, we’ll share stories of how God interacts with us in our everyday lives and pass on his truths to all generations. Click here for more information and to watch the video!
- Ladies Fall Bible Study – “Entrusted: A Study of 2 Timothy” by Beth Moore. Tuesday evenings Oct 4-Nov 8, 6-7:30 pm (no meal provided), and Wednesday mornings Oct 5-Nov 9, 9:30-11 am, Room 101. $20 due by Sep 25 for workbook/materials.
- Men’s Fall Bible Study – “Horizontal Jesus” by Tony Evans, Tuesday evenings Oct 4-Nov 8, 6-7:30 pm, Room 6. $20 due by Sep 25 for workbook/materials.
- Men’s Golf Scramble – Saturday, September 10, at Jamaica Run Golf Course, 8781 Jamaica Rd., Germantown. Tee Time 8:30 am. 18 holes and a cart for $39. This will be the last scramble of the season. Contact Steve McCloud by Sept 7, 937-603-2958.
- Baby/Child Dedication – Sunday, September 18. If you would like to have a child dedicated, contact the office by Wednesday, September 14.
- Thank you to everyone who helped with the Senior Adult Banquet, from setting up, to serving, to cleaning up, we appreciated everyone’s help. It was a wonderful evening for our Senior Adults! Thank you! – Stan and Shirley Hicks.
- Brethren Disaster Ministries – is partnering with the Preble County Pork Festival Committee assisting with parking vehicles for the festival September 17 and 18. BDM will receive $1,500! There are many 4-4-1/2 hour shifts available to volunteer to work, each between 5:30 am and 8 pm. If you are interested in volunteering your time, please contact Jim Shank at email@example.com or 937-533-3800.