Missions and Outreach Team Update
From ECOB missionaries, Dirk and Karen Martin:
We are thankful for a safe return to Haiti for another year of ministry at Cite Lumiere Christian School (CLCS) and for people who are blind and have low vision. Please pray for us as we prepare to begin the school year at CLCS minus one classroom teacher. We are trusting God to provide the right people to work together to cover this need.
Dirk is looking forward to reconnecting with colleagues working in blindness rehabilitation and continuing production of Braille materials. There are also some blind students who are ready to begin orientation and mobility lessons.
We appreciated the warm welcome we received from the church and were glad for the opportunity to worship with you on Sundays and visit with many of you individually. If we didn’t get to see you this year, try to catch us again next summer.
Thank you so much for your prayers, encouragement, and financial support.
Dirk and Karen
Before Sunday, September 4, be sure to read Ezra 1-6; Haggai 1-2; Zechariah 1; 8 and/or Chapter 19 of The Story. To see all reading assignments click here. To hear previous sermons in the series, click here.
- Church Office Closed – Monday, Sept 5, for Labor Day.
- Etch (Launching September 7th) – Etch…It’s our new/old way of doing ministry… TOGETHER! Etch is inter-generational. It’s a time for all ages to interact with one common purpose: Discipleship. We’ll begin with dinner, promptly at 6 pm. Meal costs are by donation. Click here for more information and to watch the video!
- Just Friends – Sept 7, 11:30 am, at O’Charley’s in Richmond. Meet at 11 am to carpool from Eaton Kmart parking lot across from Bob Evans. “Just Friends” is our Widow and Widower’s group, but everyone is welcome!
- Men’s Golf Scramble – Saturday, Sept 10, at Jamaica Run Golf Course, 8781 Jamaica Rd., Germantown. New Tee Time 8 am. 18 holes and a cart for $39. This will be the last scramble of the season. Contact Steve McCloud by Sept 7, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 937-603-2958.
- Rockhouse – Sept 25, A Rockhouse Classic Event: Canoe Trip! Parent’s meeting and deadline is Sept 11, cost $25.
- One Another Huddle – Sunday, Sept 11, One Another Group Leaders will meet after church until 2 pm in Room 101 for our Quarterly Huddle. RSVP to Rich Charles, 513-280-2501, email@example.com
- Financial Peace University (FPU) – This plan will show you how to get rid of debt, manage your money, spend and save wisely, and much more! A video will be watched on your own each week, and you’ll come together for community and discussion. Mondays, Sept 26 through Nov 21, 6:30-7:30 pm in Room 101. Cost $93 if you register online by Sept 14 at www.daveramsey.com/fpu/classes/1024127. Register by Sept 14 so that we can order materials. Contact Matt and Shauna Deaton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ladies Fall Bible Study – “Entrusted: A Study of 2 Timothy” by Beth Moore. Tuesday evenings Oct 4-Nov 8, 6-7:30 pm in the Great Room (no meal provided), Wednesday mornings Oct 5-Nov 9, 9:30-11 am, Room 101, and Saturday mornings Oct 8- Nov 12, 8:30 – 10 am in the Conference Room. $20 due by Sep 25 for workbook and study costs. The first 20 ladies to register with payment will receive a free set of scripture memory cards. Cards can be ordered for $6. Contact Dee Carver, email@example.com, 937-456-5507.
- Men’s Fall Bible Study – “Horizontal Jesus” by Tony Evans, Tuesday evenings Oct 4-Nov 8. New time and Room is 6:30-7:30 pm, Room 101. $20 due by Sep 25 for workbook and study costs. Contact Bob Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, 937-456-1386.
- Baby/Child Dedication – New Date is Sunday, October 2. If you would like to have a child dedicated, contact the office by Wednesday, Sept 28.