Missions and Outreach Team Update
(This update was received from Bev at the end of August.)
From Bev Charles:
I can’t believe that August is almost over! Thank you so much for your prayers from my last update. I did make it back to Europe on my 2nd try, which was leaving on August 30th and I arrived in Sibiu on the 31st. Thank you to many who responded to my update. I still want to touch base with you soon. I also appreciate your prayers for my time at Annual Conference. The Lord was faithful to give me strength and help during that very busy time. This was one of our best conferences.
I am happy to announce that as of August 4th I finished all my requirements and now am officially graduated! So, I finally have an MA in Ministry Care! Thanks for your prayers that helped me finish well. I don’t think it has sunk in yet that I will not have to study this fall.
I will be attending the Romanian Member Care Retreat for Romanian missionaries who serve cross-culturally. There will be 59 of us meeting together in the mountains near Brasov (Zarnesti). There are no afternoon activities, but we do have worship, teaching from the Bible, and discussion time in the mornings. There are other activities in the evening. I will work with another person to lead one of the discussion groups, which is a time of debriefing. We will meet 3 different times. There will be a separate program for the children. It is a blessing to be a part of this week, which the missionaries really appreciate and seem to need.
God bless you, Bev
Before Sunday, October 9, be sure to read Matthew 3-4; Mark 1-3; Luke 8; John 1- 4 and/or Chapter 23 of The Story. To see all reading assignments click here. To hear previous sermons in the series, click here.
- Conversation with Elders – Sunday, Oct 9 at 6pm in the Gathering Area
- Knights/Lady Knights High School and Jr. High Basketball Info Meeting – Monday, Oct 10, 7-8 pm, Great Room
- Jr. and Sr. High Retreats – Jr. High Retreat is Oct 14-16 and the Sr. High Retreat is Oct 21-23. Cost if $55. To register click here.
- Fall Council Meeting – Sunday, October 16 at 5pm in the Great room.
- OneLife Membership Class – If you are not a member of ECOB, we invite you to prayerfully consider taking the next step of becoming a covenant member. The 4-week OneLife course begins Sunday, October 30. Simply email Conni at email@example.com to register before October 25.