“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ i 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
Once again we are preparing to partner with the Eaton First Church of God and possibly other churches for Impact 2018. On Sunday morning, May 20, instead of meeting here at our facility, we will once again gather at the Eaton Performing Arts Center across the street. (No services will be held at our facility that morning.) We will gather for worship and then head out into the community for various spring clean-up projects in public spaces and private homes. For those who are unable to physically participate there will be a prayer service after the worship, to pray for our community. New this year will be a lunch gathering at Seven Mile Park after the service projects.
Even though this is our second year we understand that this is something different than our normal Sunday morning. We know this requires some sacrifice, and believe it will be worth giving up a little of our own comfort in order to love our neighbors. I encourage you to live out your faith in Jesus Christ be being a part of this great gathering.
Here’s what you need to know:
Sun May 20
- If service projects are postponed for rain, we will still gather for worship
Tue May 22 – rain date
- Rain date for service projects only
Sun May 20
- 8:30 – 9:00 am – coffee & donuts (Eaton Performing Arts Center)
- 9:00 – 9:30 am – Worship Service (Eaton Performing Arts Center)
- 9:30 – 12:00 pm – Service Projects (City of Eaton/H.I.T. Foundation Homes
- Prayer Service (Eaton Performing Arts Center)
- 12:00 – 12:30 pm – Gather at Seven Mile Park
- 12:30 – 1:30 pm – Lunch Celebration (Seven Mile Park)Tue May 22 – rain date for service projects only
- Lunch provided: hotdogs, chips, water
- Bring a canopy to share
- Bring your own chairs
- worship: Eaton High School Performing Arts Center
- prayer service: Eaton High School Performing Arts Center
- service projects: Various sites around the Eaton community
- project site assignments will be given out Sun morning May 20
- Participants will be responsible for transportation to each site (carpooling is encouraged)
- Each site will be staffed with a project manager and a site host to lead volunteers
- Celebration Lunch: Seven Mile Park
- Sign up
- Kiosk – Mar 18, 25 and Apr 1, 8, 15
- all ages
- families will remain together
So, let’s start signing up and making the most of this opportunity “to love God and love others”. (Make sure you sign up each person in your family.) Don’t miss out…be a part. You can sign up now by clicking here.
Looking forward to worshiping and serving with you on May 20!