Passion Week (aka Holy Week)
Join us for worship gatherings during Passion Week, which is the culmination of the Lenten season, leading to the glorious celebration of Resurrection morning.
- HOLY MONDAY – Marks Jesus’ return to Jerusalem, where he encounters a fig tree and dramatically clears the Temple. 6 to 8 pm: stations open in the Great Room for prayer and devotions. These are kid friendly and you can visit one or more stations at your own pace. 6:30/7:15 pm: identical worship/prayer gatherings in the Gathering Area.
- HOLY TUESDAY – The conspiracies to trap Jesus escalate, and Jesus pronounces seven condemnations on the religious establishment. 6 to 8 pm: stations. 6:30/7:15 pm: worship and prayer gatherings.
- HOLY WEDNESDAY – Remembering when Judas Iscariot conspires with the religious council to betray Jesus. 6 to 8 pm: stations. 6:30/7:15 pm: worship and prayer gatherings.
- MAUNDY THURSDAY – Commemorating the last meal Jesus shares with his disciples prior to his arrest and crucifixion. Jesus institutes the new covenant, illustrated by communion (or Eucharist, the Lord’s Supper). He also defines the prevailing characteristic of his followers: love-motivated service. 6:30 pm: Love Feast and Communion.
- GOOD FRIDAY – The sky turned dark for three hours the afternoon Jesus completed his mission to ransom all of humanity to the Father, a price that was the precious lifeblood of Christ, the sinless, spotless lamb of God. 7 pm: worship and prayer in the Gathering Area.
- HOLY SATURDAY – A vigil during which we recall the seeming hopelessness after the Son of God was laid in a tomb. We reflect on the Gospel story as told from Genesis on: how the events of Jesus’ life were prophesied hundreds, even thousands, of years earlier. 5:30/6:30/7:30 pm: an hour-long meditation on Scripture in West Room 101 (please park near the barn and enter from the back).
One Another Spring Dinner
All One Another Group Members and anyone wishing to join are invited to this first annual meal Saturday, March 24, 5:30pm. RSVP at the One Another Group kiosk in the Gathering Area by this coming Sunday, or call Ginger and Rudy Roth 456-2434.