This is the new format for LifeShare. We are soon going to be discontinuing the emails you received before. If you want to continue to receive LifeShare in this new format, you will need to subscribe at http://www.lifeshare.live, where you can see posts about current happenings and posts from Pastor Dan and others.
The Fun Days of Summer
I know it’s not technically summer yet, but it is in the air. Schools are on summer break, families and friends are enjoying or preparing for vacations and it’s finally getting warm. These things and so much more mark a wonderful time of the year when people can enjoy the benefits of sunny days and warm temperatures. Just last week my family and I went to Hueston Woods for the afternoon and enjoyed a picnic. It was great!
While summer has much to offer it can easily become a time of slipping away from the disciplines of our walk with Christ. Since schedules often shift in the summer we can find ourselves having to work harder to set time aside for prayer, reading and study of the Word and even attending Sunday morning worship. Also, since many One Another groups take a break during the summer, this regular accountability can cause us to be less focused on walking with Christ each day.
Proverbs 24:3 says, “By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.” I encourage you to continue to build your spiritual house through this season by intentionally seeking God’s wisdom in times of quiet, prayer and study. Use the unique blessings of the summer season to engage God’s purposes in your life and honor him. Here are a few suggestions to make the most of your spiritual summer:
- Take a prayer walk through your neighborhood and pray for all to know Christ and how you might play a role in their spiritual lives.
- Host a neighborhood block party to build relationships or simply invite a few neighbors to sit on your porch or patio to get to know them better.
- While on family vacation plan out family vacation devotions for each day. (Perhaps build some connections with the places you are visiting.)
- Find a quiet place in a park and meditate on God’s word and then listen.
- Worship at another church while on vacation.
- Join in a 2nd Saturday Project to serve others in our community.
Whatever you choose to do, take advantage of this great season and strengthen, not weaken you relationship with God through some creative ways. Don’t take a break from God, even though schedules get busier. God deserves our best and calls us to commit to Him in all seasons. Make this summer a summer of spiritual fun as you seek Him with all your heart!
Praying with you and for you,
- Spirit Song – Kings Island – Friday, June 24, 8am-11:30pm, open to any attender of ECOB and your friends. $40 each includes the Christian Music Festival and Kings Island Park. Registrations due by Sunday, June 12, at the Youth Kiosk. For more information click here.
- Ellis Guthrie Golf Scramble – Saturday, June 18, 8:30am at Beechwood Golf Course in Arcanum. $32/person for 18 holes of golf and a cart. Sign up by June 12 at the Info Center. Contact Steve McCloud 937-603-2958 or John Carver 937-733-8604.
- Baptism – Sunday, July 10. Have you invited Christ into your life as your Lord and Savior, but have never experienced the blessing of water baptism? Contact the office or one of the Pastors no later than Wednesday, July 6.
- Ladies Summer Bible Study – begins next week for those who have registered: Tuesday, June 14, 6:30pm and Wednesday, June 15, 10am. Both sessions will be held in Room 101.
- Knights Basketball Camp– Thursday & Friday, July 14 & 15, 6:30-8:30pm and Saturday, July 16, 9:30am-noon in the Great Room. For info and to register click here.
- Soul Bowl – Richmond 40 Bowl is sponsoring a special bowling event with inspirational music on Sunday, June 26, 6-9pm at the Richmond 40 Bowl, 75 S. 37th St., Richmond, IN. $5/person, up to 6/lane, 3 hours unlimited bowling including all equipment. Contact Christina here.